Sunday, April 25, 2010

Monday Madness

Blazer (H&M Garden Collection $29)
Silk Tank Top (Old Navy $10)
Earrings (.50 cents St. Matthew's Church Thrift Store)
This blazer is so soft and fits like a glove. I highly recommend going by H&M immediately!
Leopard Leggings (Miley Cyrus for Wal-Mart $10)
I am almost positive that I have a chronic condition when it comes to leopard fabrics. I hone in on it wherever I am. Disturbing...I know.
My grandmother's beaded necklace (rummaging through old costume jewelry)
My great grandmother's turquoise cuff (Got this yesterday from my great aunt. I love thinking about what she may have been doing when wearing this. such history!)


So as you all know, I went to New York this weekend. It was a beautiful trip filled with much reminiscing and amazing dusted off stories that had never been told before about all of the beautiful, eccentric and brilliant women that tread before me.


As Olive and I drove back up to Boston yesterday I got a little teary thinking about love, loss and everything in between. The weather definitely didn't help (torrential downpour can definitely put a damper on the day).

Anyways, I decided that I needed to turn it around. This weekend was a celebration of life and I want to express myself by wearing whatever the hell I want! Life is too short to be huddled in a corner with a t-shirt that blends into the wall. Nothing should be off limits and as a result, madness transpired on this wonderful Monday!

5 comments:

  1. I love that look and I love the bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit... great combination and those leggings are fabulous!

    www.fashionofmysoul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such lovely style and that blazer looks gorgeous. Thanks for stopping by, I'm glad you did because I hadn't seen your blog before and it's great- I will be following from now on!
    Lucy Laucht

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVING the earrings
    so cute!
    love your blog, great inspiration!
    thanks for sharing, love it

    -cma
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful outfit

    love
    xoxo

    follow me on
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/1432188/factory-style

    ReplyDelete