Monday, April 5, 2010

DIY: The Oh So Trendy Vest

the inspiration:





(in case the type above is too small it's repeated below)
Final Product: The Girly Badass
Paired with Old Navy Tank, Citizens of Humanity Jeans, Jeffrey Campbell beaded flats, Grandma's earrings and bracelet


Every September I come across the same setback. What happened to my pants? The problem is that right when it starts to get even the slightest bit warm out, I line up all of my FAVORITE jeans and with my magic wand (aka scissors) I turn them into my FAVORITE shorts! It's a severe issue...but this is the first summer, where I think that another item of clothing in my closet may be at a greater risk. My jackets! Dun dun dunnnn!

So as I am sure you all know, the new trend this spring is the jean vest and though I must admit, many of my friends have been a fan of this look many years before, I am finally catching on. Here I bring you through the process of turning a blah jean jacket into my most fawned over piece of clothing this summer.
Enjoy!


ALSO, as you can see I made a bracelet with the cuffs of the jacket. I love wearing scarves as bracelets and this is a great alternative. You can use any kind of fabric and I am terrible at sewing so as long as I have a hot glue gun, staples and safety pins I'm all set!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Glad to see that the "draping" class at RISD has come to some use-ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, so imaginative from beginning to end. I will pass on to my girl Julia. Very clever. I have had to confiscate pants so they didn't get chopped now watch out jackets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like how you changed that jean jacket!!

    ReplyDelete