Friday, October 1, 2010

Sipping and Swapping

Boston Fashion Week 2010

perfectly organized before the madness

I was taught at a young age that envy is ugly, and have been quite successful at practicing the art of goodwill until last night.


If there could have been a color for my mood…it would have been nuclear green.


For as long as I can remember, my friends and I have been having clothing swaps at each other’s homes and I have always been looking for a way to make money through it. Last night at Somerville’s Arts at the Armory, Swapaholics, Amy Chase and Melissa Massello did just that and my mom and I attended the event with swappable clothing in tow along with a camera.


I got in as press to take photos before the show and just as the masses were filtering in, my battery died so unfortunately I was unable to capture the sheer madness of the scene. The partygoers showed their true colors as they shoved their way through the racks with iron fists and linebacker moves. About ten minutes in, all of the clothing was either strewn about on the floor or stuffed into seam-breaking bags.


Luckily, I didn’t go home empty handed. My goal is to style my items on the blog throughout the rest of the week so stay tuned.

the line to get into the event was out the door and around the block
our swapping bags

checking out the sponsor booths





One of the Swapaholics, Amy Chase of Punky Style

1 comment:

  1. haha LOVE this post :)
    great fabulous lovely blog!!! :D


    xoxo

    hope you come visit/follow me sometime :)
    lifeisroyalty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete