Thursday, October 8, 2009

Five Dollar Fall: Goodwill in Boston Week 3 and 4

Item 1 on Alissa
Item 2 on Kim
Item 3 on Kim
starving model pose...eat something!
Item 4 on Alissa
Item 5 on Ariana

Item 6 on Angela
All of these pieces were $4.99 at Goodwill on Commonwealth in Boston. My lovely friends are modeling everything for me. The accessories and clothing paired with the pieces were from their personal wardrobes.

Item 1 on Alissa: Tie-Dye/Crochet top
Because this is such a vibrant piece, there isn't need for too many accessories. We just added a pair of saucer earrings (cheap thrift as well from a while back: Savers if I remember correctly) and it was perfect.

Item 2 on Kim: Blue flower print strapless dress
We added a long black sweater to this piece to tone down the pattern and make it more season appropriate. I think this dress with a tailored black blazer would work wonders as well.

The dress was a bit big on Kim but it had little belt holes around the middle, so I just took a ribbon and cinched the two belt holes in the back to bring it in at her waist a little better. Dresses are hard to find in the perfect size but it's always pretty easy to manipulate them with belts and ribbons and such.

Item 3 on Kim: Quilted blue jersey fabric jacket
Alright, this came with shoulder pads but I cut them out before any of the girls could see and judge. hah. Because this is such a retro jacket, it would be best to wear it with a solid color underneath. I would recommend black or maybe white. Though I shot it in the daytime outside, I think it would be best worn for a night out on the town. It also would look fabulous with some big costumey earrings and a big gold/black/white clutch.

Item 4 on Alissa: Denim Oxford
I love this shirt, its very androgynous in the best of ways. I think people are scared to rock denim on top because it seems a bit 'butch'....well its not but I must say it took some major convincing to lure my lovely Alissa into this piece.

Denim tops look great with tight black pants because it evens out the balance between loose and fitted. Also, blue is such a complimentary color with most complexions so it's hard to go wrong. I think everyone should at least try this look out, why not.

Item 5 on Ariana: Flowered Denim Oxford
This is definitely a one of a kind top. It has a little more of a girly edge to it compared to that of other denim oxfords.

Like Alissa's shirt, it looks good with tight black pants and though you can't see it in these pictures, Ariana is wearing big white flowery earrings which add a little more glam to the whole outfit.

Item 6 on Angela: Silk Plaid Blouse
I had to cut the shoulder pads out of this and it was well worth it. Flannel is such a popular look these days and this shirt adds a more formal/dressy feel to the trend. The top of the shirt you can tie into a bow but we tried it and Angela looked a bit like a school teacher (a sexy one of course) but it didn't work as well so we kept it untied.

Also, because Angela is so tiny, she was getting lost in the blouse so I added a thick belt at the waist to give her some shape. The boots and jeans she was wearing beforehand and we thought it worked perfectly with the outfit. Gives it a very Ralph look.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I love them all! Gorgeous girls!

    ReplyDelete